Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dear Jason.....

Dear Jason,

Our first wedding year has really flown by,
And I thought I would give you a few reasons why,
I’m happy I married you in the first place,
And it’s not because of your B movie shows set in Outer Space,

It’s not your cold feet on my skin that I like,
Or that lie you concocted about my custom-made bike,
Oh, It’s definitely not… your Gears of War game,
And it’s not your new snoring habit that’s especially lame,

It won’t be your steel toe boots that are left on the floor,
Or my feet that have hit them and are really quite sore,
I know for a fact that it’s most definitely not,
That framed piece in your man room of the fisherman's knot,

It’s not Futurama and it's not Family Guy,
Or your pricey store items that you just have to buy,
It’s not the garbage bag that you forget to put back,
Or the days that you decide to be hypochondriac,

So why am I happy? Are you wondering why?
Because despite all these things you're an A+ guy,
There are so many reasons to be happy with you,
So just sit back, relax and I’ll tell you a few.

It’s the days you make breakfast and chocolate milk,
It’s our brief obsession with Soy Milk Silk,
Our Sunday trips to the Common Grounds, are always quite nice,
And how a dinner side at our house is sometimes plain rice,

I like how you love to drink up some tea,
How you shred all the junk mail in the house just for me,
You stuck around before I knew how to cook,
And you prepare my fishing pole with a worm and a hook.

In fact, it’s all of the fishing poles for me that you bought,
It’s pats on the back you give Murphy for lizards she caught.
It’s that surprise trip to Italy for our honeymoon,
Because you were worried I never go if we didn’t go soon.

It’s how happy you got when we planted our plants,
It’s your dedication to getting rid of our problem with ants.
It’s our bike trips, pre-baby, that I loved a whole lot,
Even though my petal broke, and I crashed to a stop.

It’s how you stopped to feed a cat on our Destin trip,
And then into the Bayou you almost took a pretty big dip,
It’s those Jack Johnson songs to Henry to get him to dance,
It’s how you cringe on the inside when I say  “finance”.

It’s the imaginary instruments that come out with a band,
It’s how you navigate a city with no set plan,
It’s our sazeracs, we loved, and that we used to consume,
It’s how you graciously gave up your beloved man room,

There are reasons too numerous to count on my hand,
Because the truth of the matter  is… I’m always your fan,
I love how happy you are about Henry, our Lentil Bean,
It’s how you call our cat, Murphy, M.J, and Murphine,

So how has this year been so far for me,
More exciting and wonderful that I could ever foresee,
Last year on this day, I said that I do,
I’m so glad that my best friend and my husband is you.


Love,
Carrie











7 comments:

eray said...

i cried

Unknown said...

Awesome! I teared up..

Abby - Bright Yellow World said...

This is the sweetest! Happy anniversary!

ebdetillier said...

So sweet! I teared up as well! Happy (belated) anniversary; and, I hope you have many many more just as happy as you were for this one!

Amy said...

how freakin' sweet is this?! I just LOVE y'all! xo

Jen said...

aw, so sweet! wishing you many many more happy years!! xoxo

Unknown said...

Thanks ya'll! :)!!