Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pumpkin Patch and Trunk or Treat

Halloween is my favorite holiday. Not for the ghost or goblins but for the pumpkins, fall, cool weather, candy and costumes.

It takes me back to Halloween at my Aunt Carrie's house where we skipped from house to house on cracked sidewalks in the dark. Then we poured big bags of candy on the floor on her living room and began sorting and counting all the candy to see who got the most.

Last weekend we went with Mama B to the ultimate pumpkin patch where we experienced a really amazing version of Halloween complete with a sand pit, giant slide, tire mountain, tiny town, train, live music, homemade ice-cream, pumpkin patch and million other things at the Mitchell Peanut Farm.

Here's a recap:



 
It may be Hattie's first Boo but don't mess with her

Ham working extra hard on his serious face or contemplating what kind of candy he will trade his sister for.
 
 
 
 
And today Ham had a Trunk or Treat. It was our first time so I had to google to make sure I did my part of the deal. Ten minutes before it started I prayed there was still a spot in the parking lot for Hattie and I. There was and I, very swiftly, went to work making my car look Halloween festive. 
Not too shabby
 
 And like any good second time mom, I handed off my daughter to a complete stranger in the next parking spot and said "Hold her while I decorate."
 
 
 Then I found some time to get the stroller out and hope that she's big enough to sit like this in it.
 
She is.
 
It's ironic that she's Rapunzel with no hair to throw down. Sorry Hattie, it's true.
 
And then the kids came walking by...
 
...with Ham in his racecar outfit. And I almost forgot about the big argument we had about the Paw Patrol costume he wanted then refused to wear this morning. Thank goodness for thrift store backup costumes.
 
 
Okay I'll forget about it. This costume is cooler. Way cooler.
 
 
And then we went inside to make a craft and eat.
 
 
 which we were really THRILLED about.

 
Really, really thrilled about.

 
And we went home and poured out all of our candy and toys and found two neat books in the stash which I thought was clever and awesome.

 
And I forced them to take one more picture, because it's my job to aggravate them.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: