And that would be a lovely idea if that's what really happened.
Instead, I took a break from my school work to clean my house, realize my house is infested with tiny ants again like a bad B movie, do the dishes, do the laundry and cook and over salt some black bean soup.
And to top it off, as I was loading the dishwasher, I realized it had been a good five minutes since I had heard a peep from Hammy. Which could only mean one thing.
With one solid leap from the dishwasher to the living room doorway, I locked eyes with one mischievous little Ham sitting on the floor with my coffee cup in one hand and the other hand swashing around in my cold hours-old coffee.
Hours-old coffee that for the record I wasn't finished drinking yet.
I rolled my eyes, grabbed some wet wipes and wiped him down, while he kept saying "Uh Oh!"
Yep uh oh.
While I started wiping down the floor where he seemed to have splashed it all around, I heard the clanging of dishes from the kitchen. I whipped around and looked for Hammy.
Nowhere.
I jumped up to my feet and rushed into the kitchen and there he was UNloading my dishes.
And if that wasn't bad, about fifteen minutes later Ham face planted into the coffee table seconds after I asked him to please for the love of Pete stop whining. He looked up at me distracted, misjudged where his hand should go when leaning on the coffee table and slammed cheek first into the table, which made me feel real bad.
I could have called it a day but I thought that it would be the perfect day to end the long hair mullet madness going on at the nape of Hammy's neck.
So we ventured to Sally's Beauty Supply and we bought an all-in-one cut your kid's hair kit.
Some kids might have done better with a candy distraction but for Ham, I steamed some corn and some peas and had crackers on hand to keep him cooperative.
We also skyped with Mr. Yardbird who had Hammy laughing so hard I wasn't sure I would be able to cut his hair after all.
In the end we made it work and we ended a chaotic day with a semi-decent cheap because it was free haircut.
Here are some before pictures.......
| But I don't need a haircut. Side view before |
So I was really nervous but with Mr. Yardbird there to cheer me on......
I realized I was going to do just fine.
While Hammy laughed, I tried to remember what I saw in all the you tube videos I watched.
| Almost finished. |
| Chasing him around the house with a broom, except he has the broom. More chasing.... Eating the hair water sprayer |
| Not so bad! |
What a day!
1 comment:
Carrie! It looks so good! He is too precious...coffee and all!
Post a Comment