So I'm hosting my first rosary.
And I admit I'm pretty nervous about it.
Every week for two years, my family gets together to pray the rosary. We started doing this when my Aunt Carrie was sick and we continued on with it after she passed away. It was something she really wanted and it has been a giant blessing for the family. Every week, I get to see my family, pray for them and with them, and I get to eat really great food.
It used to happen on Wednesdays but now it happens on Thursdays. We meet at 6:30, at different house every week- sometimes it is at my mom's and sometimes it's at one of three other homes of family members.)
We drink some wine, sodas, beer, etc. We stand or sit around and we update each other on what has transpired since the last rosary. We laugh, we hug, we encourage. And then we sit down to pray. My dad goes through the super long list of intentions and then we focus on prayer.
Then we eat.
And when we eat it is never something thrown together. Nope. Whoever cooks, always out does themselves. You see, everyone in my family is a fantastic cook. So you can see why I'm sort of sweating this one out.
At this week's rosary, it was suggested that I host the next rosary. Nothing permanent. I guess they needed a filler for next week. Someone couldn't do it. So I'm going to do it. Yep.
What am I going to cook?
I don't know.
I really can't think of anything.
What am I going to do?
Okay its sounds a lot like I might be panicking. I'm not. But I really want to impress my family. I want them to leave my house patting their bellies. I want them to say things like:
"that was the best ____________ I ever had."
"Can't possibly eat another bite...But can't help myself".
"did Martha Stewart make this? I mean, really!" (wishful thinking, I know.)
I want them to make the humming sound when the food hits their mouth. I want them to squint their eyes and do the head nod while they chew.
Is this too much to ask?
So I'm racking my brain....
Warm or cold food?
Chips with what dip?
Theme or no theme? - Should it be a Saint Patrick's theme dinner? Should everything be green? Do I want everything to be green? Should I dye things that aren't green, green. I think about my delicious creamy onion and artichoke dip..... dyed green. It would look like....well no one would eat it.
So what to do?
Your thoughts. I have less than week to put something together.
I need a dinner.
I need a a dip.
I need a dessert.
For ten or more people.
Help.





2 comments:
Carrie - I'm so proud of you. You will do great. I wish I could be there to help. Love, Kelly
Thank you Kelly! I love you and miss you!
Post a Comment