I'm pretty happy and excited about so many things right now, I thought I might share.
- First, I finished my wedding thank you notes. What a gigantic relief. I don't have an exact number but I think between showers and wedding I wrote about 200 thank you notes.
- Secondly, I've decided to plant a spice and herb garden. I've enlisted the help of my husband. He has no idea. Should be interesting and I promise to write about the whole thing. From ripping up weeds, to hauling dirt, I will give you the 411 on planting your very own herb/season garden. I may inspire you to never want to go down that road. Or your thumb might turn green just reading my blog about gardening. Who knows.
* Disclaimer #2 Is a spice different from a herb? How should the heck should know? I guess I'll find out.
- Thirdly, is a holy cow for me. I have discovered with great joy that All Recipes.com can produce a shopping list for me. Is this a miracle? Yes. It is. Do I want to run outside and scream it from the top of the highest levee?? Yes I do. Let me elaborate:
You simple go to allrecipes.com. Create a user Account. Pick a recipe you want to cook. Click Add to my Shopping List. Then you go to your shopping list and...Bam you have a shopping list. WOW. It even tells you what isle its on. High five to those bunch of geniuses. Sheesh.
*Disclaimer- not all the recipes are good. Even after I sort through the ones that have 50+ good reviews I still find that there is not so much kick to the things I cook off of there. What does this mean? I'm guessing that a bunch of Northerners are the ones putting their recipes on there! Shame on them for not using more red pepper, garlic, peppers in general, Tabasco sauce and Tony's. Just so you are aware you'll have to tweak the recipes a little. Does this explain my husband's sudden problem with heartburn since we've married? Nope probably has nothing to do with it at all. Why blame myself? :)
- Fourthly, I've been a bike riding fool lately. Jason and I, with our specially made bikes, have been biking up a storm.
Bike to the grocery?
Why not.
Bike to another city?
Another city here we come.
Ride bikes in New Hebron like we're kids again?
Yep that's right.
I've never biked so much in my life. I feel like a kid again when I ask Jason if he wants to ride bikes after work. I might as well say after we do our homework. Or before my mom calls me in for supper.
*Disclaimer #4 - Never become a bike riding fool and not where a helmut or a hat. A bird pooped on my head the other day and I sure wish I had been better prepared for that. First time in my life. When it happened we were too far from my house to turn back. So I road my bike around with poop matted in my bangs. It was great. Do you think my husband was sympathetic? No he said, 'that's Karma'. :)
- Fifthly, there is no fifthly. That's all I can come up with at the moment to say that I've been busy keeping busy. :) But I promise to write!
2 comments:
Just wanted to let you know that I know of two of Jason's ten thank you notes.... and they were great. Don't know whose idea it was to send a picture of Truett to me and my mom but we really appreciate it! Well done:) Also, your friend does a great job with her photography. Hope all is well.
Okay it might have been my idea to send the pictures! I know how my mom loves pictures of her grandbabies!
Post a Comment