Hattie dozed off in her seat while Ham and I set to work on cleaning out the pumpkin.I carefully carved around the top and let Ham do the honors of taking the top off.
He was amazed and disgusted.
I gave him a spoon and showed him how to scoop out the yuck from the inside of the pumpkin.
It lasted for all of five minutes before Ham decided he had enough. "You do it." He said, "That's gross."
So I scooped it all out and started to carve out the face. In no time the pumpkin looked like this:
I told Ham we needed to put a candle inside to light it up. "It's a birthday cake? We're going to eat it?" he asked.
So that's what we did. We ate dinner got ready for bed and Hattie passed out before bedtime stories could even start.
"Let's go check out the pumpkin." I said.
We leapt up and ran out the door in our pjs and bare feet.
I snapped a picture and we headed back to bed.
And as we crawled into bed we realized that Ham had stepped on a wasp.
I know, I know....how do we realize that so long after coming inside? I have no idea. What I do know is that it quickly escalated into the one of the most epic meltdowns in Ham's history.
When all had calmed down and before he drifted off to sleep, I told Ham I would go outside, find that wasp and spank his behind.
"No, don't he said." "He's my friend."
"He's your friend!? He bit you. What kind of friend does that?" I asked.
But he insisted they were friends all the same and he made me promise not to go out looking for his friend, wasp.
I promised.






No comments:
Post a Comment