Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Boy sister

There are days when I feel like a parenting pro and there are still days when I feel like I'm just doing what I can to get by.

Sometimes for peace and quiet I have these really inventive ideas to keep Ham busy. Like yesterday when I gave him a little bit of flour to put in his kitchen mixer.

"Now don't spill it," I told him.

Before I knew it, he was tugging on my clothes telling me he needed "baking soda". I look down at a child who has flour in his hair, clothes and eyelashes.

 I don't want to know what kind of flour explosion is going on in the playroom but I make myself go look.

Here's what I found. -------------------------->

Besides finding productive ways to occupy a three year old, I also find inventive ways to get him to eat his dinner.

Sometimes, he dances while I shovel food into his mouth. Sometimes we pretend he is a robot eating his dinner. Really, it's whatever works at the time.

Last night, between bites he said, " Now you need to eat your dinner, mommy."

"I am."

"You need to eat all your dinner so we can put a baby back in your belly." I stopped shoveling food and put the fork down.

"I want a boy sister now." he said.

Hmmph.

No comments: