Tuesday, November 11, 2014

So Sorry!

After I picked Ham up from school today, I dumped out the contents of his school bag to see if there was anything in there that needed to be signed and returned to school, any makeup work, etc.

A folded up fan rolled out and bag of Hershey kisses.

They must have rewarded him with the bag of chocolate and I'm guessing he picked the fan from the treasure chest.

I don't know why it makes me smile, but I picture in my head Ham choosing a fan as his must-have and it makes me chuckle a little.

I told him he could eat his chocolate in the playroom while I feed the baby.

About ten minutes later, Ham runs in like it's a complete emergency, throws his hands in the air and screams "I ate it ALL! ALL of the chocolate! and.....I didn't SHARE!"

His eyes are big as saucers.

"Who were you going to share it with, Ham?"

"YOU!....I'm so sorry!"

"That's okay, Hammy." I said. But it made me feel good that he thought of me after he ate the last one.

Later on, I went to the playroom to check on him and I wrapped my arms around him to give him a big hug.

"When did you get so big!" I said. "I can't really hold you anymore."

We hugged for a minute or two before Ham pulled back to look at me in the face.

"I'm so sorry I got so big, Mommy. One day I will get little again so you can hold me."

Sigh.

Speaking of kids getting so big so fast.

Hattie is now 5 months!

And while she hasn't yet created funny stories like Ham has, we are already seeing a great sense of humor, so who knows!

At 5 months - Hattie is laughing till she hiccups (a trait Ham and she share), she thinks putting her pjs on is hilarious, and she has finally stopped flirting with every air vent in the house. That was getting out of control. She is a super big sweetheart and so easygoing. And she think Ham hung the moon and Ham is not going to disagree with her on that.

No comments: