There were moments plain silly that were hard to forget.
This year we welcomed Hammy our funny little man,
This year you bought Equate, Sam's Choice and store brands.
This year we ate yellow squash and spaghetti squash too,
We thought we were healthy if that's all we'd do,
We planted lots of plants, they died pretty quick,
And this year it wasn't me who fell off of the bike,
After you screamed in the air that you loved married life,
No it was you as you passed that camera crew and the bride,
As they took her protraits on the levee outside.
More B movies we watched and I guess I'll admit,
That I might have liked them just a tiny little bit.
If you really must know I guess I realized,
They weren't that bad if I just closed my eyes,
There was the one with the man in a cliff his arm stuck.
And the cave divers in the cave when a hurricane struck.
And the people whose boat sank in the shark filled ocean,
The shark ate them up because they caused a commotion.Every day we'd take a break and to relax you just knew
That I'd like watching eric forman and that seventies crew,
We watched every episode, one everyday
Until now we're almost finished and it's a sad thing to say.
And travel you did to India and back,
You ate lots of vegetables but the meat they did lack,
And the three of us skyped and we talked a whole lot,
They liked you so much there that you got a head dot.
And this year we had a sidekick who kept us up late,
and we learned how to hurtle over baby gates,
We learned to drink cold coffee, to eat with one hand,
And we jammed to baby music like a rock and roll band.
This year was kind of messy, sleepless, and crazy,
But I'm glad for it, really, and our goofy, fun baby.
I'm happy for year two with a man like you,
Because without you to laugh with, than what would I do?
Year One - Click Here

No comments:
Post a Comment