This spring my flowers are going strong. And my ever faithful discount hydrangea plant that I got for a remarkable $5.99 is starting to come back, after it nearly died this winter. Or maybe it was just resting, I don't know. At any rate, fresh new leaves are starting to take form at the base of it and I'm hopeful that maybe, just maybe, this three-year old plant will have it's first flower. It's been through a lot.
| Bless this poor plant's heart. I just love it so much. Even if it won't give me flowers. |
Here's a glimpse of what spring has brought us.
![]() |
| Our Mums! |
- You shouldn't over water them---- maybe a few times a week in the fall, winter and spring, maybe every day in the hot summer scorching heat.
- Definitely don't over water them when they are in full bloom in the fall.
- After the flowers die, prune the dead flowers.
- They really like to bloom in the fall, but sometimes sporadically throughout the year.
- Cut them back after the spring time, let the new leaves grow in over the summer and you should get some gorgeous mums just in time for the fall.
- When your mums' flowers die and it's time to put spring plants in the pots, move the mums to a garden, even if your husband tells you, you are crazy for planting dead flowers. You will prove him wrong. Mums always come back.
![]() |
| Our Wisteria that just won't die and a plant I found on the side of the house. No clue what it is. |
"Enough with the Flowers, Mom."




No comments:
Post a Comment