It's also a return to my stay-at-home mom days as I get to spend two months home with Ham.
Everything has been going really well.
Our first week off, Ham and I headed to Home Depot to buy eight Purslanes to plant in the pots outside of the house. As Ham napped, I labored away planting each one. I was a little confused because by the time I finished planting them it was late afternoon and all the flowers had shriveled up. I figured that they were in shock. But as it turns out, Purslanes are gorgeous morning bloomers and anyone who visits are house in the afternoon will have no idea. That's not really what I was going for but oh well.
![]() |
| Purslanes and Hammy in the morning |
I also took the time to blow up the pool. It only took me two hours in the blazing hot sun using my dad's air blower thing. When I was finished, I heaved the giant pool across the yard and set in the shade. A few hours later the top half was nearly deflated. Since then I have had to inflate it over and over again and hope that at some point I can find the leak though I doubt I ever will. It's 100% worth it though because for 45 minutes to 2 hours I pretend that I'm cement pool-side with a margarita.
Also, we started the summer reading program which last year,
And finally I decided that THIS would be the summer that I would potty-train Ham. Let me explain how well this is going for us. I tell Ham he needs to go to the bathroom on the potty every thirty minutes. He tells me, "No." I take him to the bathroom, he refuses to go, and he gives me a thorough explanation of what goes in the potty and where that stuff comes out of. He even flips his toy airplane over and show me where "poo poo" comes out of it. I tried to tell him other wise but I give up because he can be so persuasive sometimes. Who's going to argue with someone who firmly believes airplanes poop.
A few days later, I bring him to my mom's house. Periodically, I catch him telling my mom that SHE needs to go the bathroom. He proceeds to take her hand and lead her to the bathroom. Potty-training Maw-Maw is not what I imagined when it came to potty-training Ham.
More summer adventures to come!




No comments:
Post a Comment