Sunday, June 23, 2013

Father's Day

We spent Father's Day with Ham's favorite person in the world. Together they went swimming in the backyard pool, chased each other through the house on their car and trains and spent Sunday morning watching cartoons.

Ham (I) made a special mug for Dad that came with a spoon to mix his coffee.

 
Then Ham and I took a road trip to the country to visit with his grandparents. We spent our days picnicing by the pool, swimming and riding on the four wheeler. Ham had a pretty good dose of the country life.

By the end of the week, we were back at home and getting into our summer routine. We spent Friday morning coloring the sidewalk while I sipped on coffee or as Ham says, "Mommy's foffee".

I drew flowers while Ham scribbled and drew circles. I asked him if he wanted me to draw him and he said, "K.". So I drew a stick version of him. As I drew, I told him that he had two arms, two legs, and two feet.

I turned back to my flower for a minute before Ham tapped me on the shoulder to show me what he had drawn.

"Yook Momma, Poo Poo."


 
The stick version of Ham had gone number 2. The ready-to-potty-train mom in me wanted to draw a toilet next to it. But I held back, because I figured we'll save potty training for next week.


No comments: