Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Indian Lunch and Magazine Street

A few months ago Mr. Yardbird, inspired by his Indian surroundings, bought me a gift certificate to an Indian restaurant in New Orleans. He thought I might enjoy the outing and he wanted me to get a taste of some of the food he had while he was there. It was a while before I finally got to use it, but a few days ago my mom, my sister, Ham and I went. We were celebrating my mom's last holiday before returning to work the next day. We had a great time although the only Indian part of our meal was our appentizer. Also, I had never been to this part of the city before, so it was a definite adventure for all of us.



After we we were finished we decided we had room for some Gelato and headed down to Magazine street. When we sat down to eat our ice cream, we realized that we forgot all about Ham's gelato. He didn't forget and had a completely meltdown until he tasted his very own mango sorbet. Once he had that he was in a completely hyper heaven.



After we ate our ice cream, we popped in a few stores. Some of the stores were all new to me, I guess it shows how often I get to go down there. We saw some really cute things and were all set to go, but my mom and Anna wouldn't let me leave until I bought this hat. And I'm glad because I love it. I love it so much I wore until I went to sleep that night. I hope it stays cold long enough that I get to wear it some more.

No comments: