A few days ago, I was out running errands with Ham and his Maw Maw.
Running errands with a nine month old is not an easy task, but with Maw Maw there, things were running very smoothly.
Maw Maw didn't know she was running errands with us today. She thought we were just eating dinner.
"Would you mind running to the grocery store with us?"
"Sure. No problem!" she said.
And I thought: Thank God.
So off we went to the grocery store.
While Maw Maw chitchatted with Ham and wheeled him around the store, I flew down the isles and grabbed everything I needed.
Maw Maw was teaching Ham how to blow air out of his mouth like you do for your birthday candles. And he hasn't been able to stop doing it since.
When we go to the check out line, I threw everything on the table. And then I realized I may not need that much Heavy Cream so I asked the cashier if she could take some off.
"Oh sure, Hold On," She said. Then she screamed "Code ______!!!" and then again "Code____!!"
And as soon as she was finished screaming the last Code. My son screamed something that sounded a whole lot like "Code".
And everyone in the store within ear shot turned to him and said "What did he just say?"
My mom and I laughed. "It sounded like he said code"
And then as everyone smiled and chuckled a little, my son turned to the cashier, raised his pointing finger and fussed at her.
I mean really fussed at her. Shaking his finger and pointing at her.
And I turned bright red.
I don't know what she did to make him so mad, but he was pretty angry.
"Is he fussing at me?"
"Um....I don't know" But I did know. He was.
Everyone looked at him and they then looked up at me. "Yep he's a talker...." I laughed and I gave Maw Maw a look like let's get out of here.
No comments:
Post a Comment