This was one of first pictures we have from when we were finished putting everything together. Some people use a theme, but I just went with whatever felt right, so there are farm animals, maps, sailboats and pictures of our family.
The wall has pictures from when Mr. Yardbird and I were kids and pictures of our family. The lamp and maps are from Mr.Yardbird's bachelor days.
These are details of the wall of pictures. The top is a picture of Mr. Yardbird and his grandparents outside by the swimming pool. Below is a picture of Mr. Yardbird on our wedding day with his momma. :)
The "H" was from the Saenger Theater! It was a thrift store find by a friend of mine. The embroidered picture below was something passed down for years and years. I'm kidding. It's new. I'm not telling where I got it though. :)
The bear hanging on the door was a gift from Mama B that was placed on the hospital door the day we had him. The ABC bear on the bottom is gift from MawMaw. Ham likes to jam out to the ABC song it plays when you press his foot. The sailboat bookends were from Mr. Yardbird's college days.
This picture in the frame was taken the day Mr. Yardbird left to India. Ham was three months old. The lamp was Mr. Yardbird's lamp from childhood. The globe was gift to Ham from Mr. Yardbird's trip to Germany. The airplane was bought for Ham on the way to drop Mr. Yardbird off at the airport on his way to India. The wooden hammer was made by our friend in honor of Ham's nickname the "hammer".
This is probably what Ham finds most interesting in his room - his daddy's globe.
So many long nights in this chair. :)
(The pillow is from Mr. Yardbird's childhood.)
I didn't have much closet space to work with, but I am thankful that I at least had A closet to work with!
This is the inside cubbie of Ham's crib. Make Way for Ducklings is one that we read the most often. We all love saying each of the duck's names, Quack, Mack, Wack.....even Ham laughs when he hears them. The coaster was from my Aunt Carrie's house. :) I use it to put my coffee on while I rock Ham to sleep. Little reminders of her make me happy.
I know I'll get a lot of finger shaking for this one. However, we did remove them after he went to sleep. Left to right is Ralph, Ham, Eeyore and Carl.
This was taking right before Ham realized that when he pushed the bumper down there was a whole other world on the other side. Once he learned how to do it, he never stopped looking.
This is the day Ham learned to stand up. He was 7 months old. Once he learned we could not get him to sit down. Seriously.
Yes Ham, we threw a lot of things together to make your room feel like home.













No comments:
Post a Comment